Academic policies and procedures allow students to clearly understand their rights and responsibilities. They protect the integrity of EIU-Paris and provide fair and transparent guidelines for activities related to teaching and learning across campus.
EIU students are expected to familiarize themselves with all academic policies. Students seeking clarity on academic policies relevant to or beyond those stated on this website should consult with the appropriate office.
EIU-Paris strongly values the principles of academic honesty. Maintaining academic honesty includes:
- Creating and expressing your own ideas and work.
- Properly citing and referencing other people’s ideas and work, giving appropriate credit.
- Seeking appropriate, approved assistance from outside sources or persons (e.g. tutors).
- Acknowledging collaboration.
- Performing with honesty during examinations, avoiding collusion, collaboration and/or the use of unauthorized resources.
EIU-Paris will not tolerate instances of academic dishonesty and will provide appropriate educational and punitive sanctions for violations of this policy. Sanctions may range from educational programmes up to suspension and expulsion.