The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) programme is designed to equip you with essential modern management skills and knowledge and prepare you with an enterprising spirit grounded on solid business practices. The programme also aims at providing you with analytical and decision-making capabilities in order to face different kinds of new challenges resulting from the rapid changes seen in today’s growing business environment. You will study tools and techniques that will help you develop and manage products and services that will be competitive internationally.
The programme has the following aims:
- To enable the advanced study of organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- To equip individuals for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level to assume senior managerial and leadership positions in business.
- To develop the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management leadership and practice.
- To enhance a lifelong learning and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
The M.B.A. programme structure enables students to acquire the following knowledge and transferable skills:
- Develop the fundamentals and requisite skills set of effective leadership in a global environment.
- Develop how to communicate and structure their ideas into logical steps that utilise their resources, respect social and cultural boundaries.
- Learn to recognise opportunity, how to establish what needs to be done, how to determine who needs to be involved, how to manage effectively, and how to honour cultural differences.
- Develop analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Know the importance of teamwork.
- Demonstrate the ability to self-evaluate, modify behaviour and meet or exceed obligations.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and sustain a positive impression, confidence and advance in a career.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of the principles of business.
- Develop highly effective communication skills.
At the end of the programme a successful student will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate critical understanding of management theories, current issues of management, the development of conceptual frameworks to guide their application within organisations.
- Acquire a strong foundation in key functional areas of business management to enable them to succeed as effective managers/leaders in an increasingly complex and dynamic environment.
- Acquire and use a range of concepts, tools and techniques for problem solving and decision-making for analysing complex and inter-related business scenarios.
- Demonstrate and apply independent research and critical skills enabling the investigation and evaluation of valid and relevant management issues and practices.
- Demonstrate initiative, insight, attitudes of responsibility and ethical leadership in the development of the strategic management agenda in the organisation the participant works in or expected to work in.
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE & REQUIREMENTS
In order to obtain the M.B.A. degree (with specialisation), students needs to complete 8 core modules + Action Research Paper in his/her chosen specialisation area.
The 8 core modules are taught modules (with an option to be accessed from wherever, particularly for those students who are not Thailand-based) and are assessed using Application-Oriented-Assignments (A.O.A.). Each module is assessed through an A.O.A. of 3,500 to 4,000 words.
Note: Students will carry out an Action Research and produce a full report of his/her research and its findings in an area of specialisation (minimum 5,000-word long research report).
8 CORE MODULES + ACTION RESEARCH PAPER
- MGT510: Managerial Accounting (7.5 ECTS): This module examines the principles, techniques, and uses of accounting in the planning and control of business organisations from a management perspective. Identified are the budgetary process and related performance evaluation techniques, cost-volume-profit relationship, product costing methods, Just-In-Time (JIT) manufacturing, and Activity Based Costing (ABC). Related theory and application will also be reviewed.
- MGT520: Managing Business Strategy (7.5 ECTS): This module includes a study of strategic planning including mission statement development, analysis of the external environment and internal organisational factors, development of strategic alternatives, selection of appropriate alternatives, implementation of strategies, and competitive strategies and dynamics. Special emphasis are given to the integration and coordination of the functional areas within the enterprise. The case method will be used to provide practical experience in analysis and decision-making in the solution of business problems.
- MGT530: Human Capital Management (HRM) (7.5 ECTS): This module prepares students to address the concepts of personnel development as managers. Students learn criteria for developing effective job analysis, appraisal systems, and appropriate career development plans for employees. Other topics include personnel selection, employee compensation, benefits, training, workplace diversity, discipline, employee rights, unions, and management behaviours.
- MGT540: Marketing Management (7.5 ECTS): Marketing Management is the art and science of choosing target markets and getting, keeping, and growing customers through creating, delivering, and communicating superior customer value. Marketing management seeks to meet organisational objectives by effectively satisfying customers in a dynamic environment. This module provides an overview of marketing processes and marketing principle and provides students with the opportunity to apply the key concepts to practical business situations.
- MGT550: Managing Operations (7.5 ECTS): Management of Productions / Operations – Introduces production and operations management, the business function responsible for creating goods and services. In recent years, the scope of production management has broadened considerably. Production concepts and techniques are now being applied not only to manufacturing concerns but to a wide range of service industries. These include health care, food service, recreation, banking, hotel management, retail sales, education, transportation, and government. This course examines the design and control of systems needed for the efficient use of materials, human resources, and equipment. It also discusses the allocation of financial resources, facilities, and information in the development of competitive products and services.
- MGT560 – Leading Organisation (7.5 ECTS): This module offers an opportunity for senior-level managers to acquire expert insights, explore leadership and people management concepts, and examine actionable strategies for building the kind of leadership and people manager to enable employees to deliver their optimum performance. This module also aims to provide students with the ideas, frameworks, and tools required in creating an environment and culture in which individuals feel compelled to innovate and contribute to a transforming work environment. This module covers both the role of the effective leader and the impactive manager. The roles are different but connected and clarifying the differing approaches and capabilities in the two roles helps effectiveness and impact in both.
- MGT570: Financial Management (7.5 ECTS): This module is specifically designed for individuals involved in Financial Planning, Accounting Records, Financial Monitoring, and Internal Control System. This module will ensure that the students prove to be an invaluable to their respective organisations, possessing important skills in the four areas mentioned above. The module will help them to manage multiple financial management responsibilities more effectively and efficiently.
- MGT580: Project Management (7.5 ECTS): This hands-on module provides students with the fundamentals associated with project management. Students take a case study through the essentials of a four-phase project planning process, learn about the unique challenges at each stage and see how a project manager’s mastery of essential knowledge increases the likelihood of project success. Advanced concepts in project management are introduced and include multi-project management, estimating and budget development, the Theory of Constraint Planning and Earned Value theories, communications planning, project control, earned value and integration management, risk management, time management, negotiation and conflict management, contracting and procurement planning.
ACTION RESEARCH PAPER
This requirement of the M.B.A. programme will enable students to prepare research papers that apply managerial concepts and research techniques to a significant organisational issue or problem, within the context of his/her chosen specialisation area. After completing the action research students should be able to:
- Select, evaluate and apply critical management thinking to an organisational issue or problem.
- Critically evaluate the techniques and processes used to investigate an important organisational issue or problem.
- Synthesise information to arrive at a coherent conclusion.
- Critically evaluate the implications for the recommendations presented.
- Critically reflect on his or her development of knowledge, skills and techniques used during the preparation of the Action Research Paper.
SPECIALISATIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
- M.B.A. in Finance
- M.B.A. in Strategy
- M.B.A. in Leadership
- M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship
- M.B.A. in Marketing & Sales
- M.B.A. in Retail Management
- M.B.A. in Sports Management
- M.B.A. in General Management
- M.B.A. in International Business
- M.B.A. in Operations Management
- M.B.A. in Human Resource Management
- M.B.A. in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- M.B.A. in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- M.B.A. in Corporate Social Responsibility (C.S.R.)
- M.B.A. in Innovation Management & Design Thinking
- M.B.A. in Information Technology & Systems Management
EIU-Paris follows European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS academic credits scheme). The ECTS credit system makes degree programmes and student performance more transparent and comparable all across European Union countries.
M.B.A. Grading Scheme:
Each M.B.A. programme consists of 8 core modules and an Action Research paper for the area of specialisation.
Each of the 8 modules carries 7.5 ECTS (7.5*8 = 60 ECTS) and the Action Research paper carries 30 ECTS making total ECTS for the M.B.A. programme 90.
|Unsatisfactory||49% and below|
The European International University’s highly individualised and configurable M.B.A. programme fee structure allows you to choose a fee that meets your professional development needs in the context and confines of your personal financial circumstances.
This unique differential fee structure is determined by the following factors:
- How much could you afford to pay for your M.B.A. studies?;
- How much additional engagement do you wish to receive from EIU faculty who would act as expert coach to facilitate your learning experiences?; and
- How much independence do you wish to have during your course of study?
Our configurable fee structure are as follows:
€1,499 – with regular support
€1,999 – with regular support + 10 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€2,499 – with regular support + 20 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€2,999 – with regular support + 30 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€3,499 – with regular support + 40 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€3,999 – with regular support + 50 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€4,499 – with regular support + 60 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€4,999 – with regular support + 70 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€5,499 – with regular support + 80 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€5,999 – with regular support + 90 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
€6,499 – with regular support + 100 hours personalised online coaching by EIU faculty
Our dedicated academic counselors are ready to assist you, 24 hours, 7 days a week, with any questions you may have or any difficulties you may face while studying in our courses and/or programmes. For immediate assistance or inquiry regarding your academic concerns and issues, you could contact our academic counselors at email@example.com
We recommend an average of 10-12 hours of study time per week for this programme.
The full programme would take somewhere between 12 – 18 months to complete. It is imperative that students meet module assignment submission deadlines as indicated.
- Recognised Bachelor Degree in any field.
- Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent).
- At least 3 years of working experience in the managerial position.
Here is the list of documents required for the M.B.A. admissions:
- Education Certificates
- Latest CV / Résumé
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- Passport Copy
- Passport Size Photo (jpg. format)
- 2-3 Reference Letters (past or current employer(s) or professors)
Personalised, easy to understand text-based (reading materials) interactive resources that progressively and systematically takes the learner through various areas of competencies required at the workplace, in a specialised field of study.
ASSESSMENT OF LEARNING
Personalised exercises, assignments and/or quizzes are utilized throughout the course/programme to measure progress in learning. such comprehensive assessment procedure is characterised by being diagnostic, formative (intervention-oriented), and summative.
100% completion of courses and assessments therein is required to be able to get certified in the said course and/or programme.
RECOGNITION, ACCREDITATION & MEMBERSHIP
ACCREDITATION SERVICE FOR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES (ASIC)
European International University is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC). The University has earned Premier status with ASIC for its commendable areas of operation. ASIC accreditation helps students and parents make a more informed choice and will also help a school, college, university, training provider or distance education provider, demonstrate to the international student body that they are a high quality institution.
To view EIU’s Accreditation Certificate, click here
BUSINESS GRADUATES ASSOCIATION (BGA)
The Business Graduates Association (BGA) is an international membership and quality assurance body of world-leading and high-potential Business Schools who share a commitment for responsible management practices and lifelong learning, and are looking to provide positive impact on their students, communities, and the economy as a whole.
EIU’s public profile on BGA official website could be found at:
ASSOCIATION FOR TRANSNATIONAL HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION (ATHEA)
Association for Transnational Higher Education Accreditation (ATHEA) is a membership non-profit association registered in Vienna, Austria (ZVR-Zahl 378490525). ATHEA is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by the membership. The association’s daily operations are managed by the Executive Director. Find out more http://www.athea.org
EUROPEAN COUNCIL FOR BUSINESS EDUCATION (ECBE)
European International University (EIU, Paris) is proud to announce its membership with the European Council for Business Education (ECBE). ECBE is a prestigious international accreditation agency with its headquarter in Belgium. ECBE recognises EIU’s endeavor in providing high-quality education in vocation-focused and job skills specific programmes and qualifications. With the support of ECBE, EIU will continue to improve and develop its unique programmes to benefit learners who are seeking to accelerate their careers and accomplishments. For more information, please visit https://ecbe.eu/index.
CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMICS
To further strengthen its academic profile and activities, as well as perfectly align itself with the mandate of the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research & Innovation, the European International University (EIU – Paris) is proud to announce its organizational membership with CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMICS, a U.K. and Wales registered R&D organisation whose sole purpose is to enhance the visibility of research themes beyond global approaches and coverage. EIU intends to collaborate with Cambridge International in such initiative as Publishing in Partnership (PiP Model), Research Acceleration, Scholarly Dissemination, and Training Implementation.
ACCREDITATION AGENCY CURACAO (AAC)
The “Accreditation Agency Curacao (AAC)” is an institution registered in Curacao and supported by institutions of higher education and scientific associations, and is solely dedicated to the quality assurance and the progress of study programmes and teaching skills at universities and other institutions of higher education. Please visit here to view EIU’s membership on AAC’s website: https://www.aac.cw/
RECOGNITION OF EIU ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
The European International University (EIU) – Paris, is a private higher education establishment authorised by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation, in accordance to and in compliance with the French Education Act: Code de l’Education Articles L 444-1 to 444-11 and R 444-1 to 444-28.
SAMPLE AWARD ( DIGITAL COPY )
GET A HARD COPY AWARD (PHYSICAL COPY)
Apart from obtaining a digital copy of your nationally recognised and internationally accredited qualification, you could also place an order for a hard copy of the same award at an additional fee of €50 Euro only + Shipping Cost.
To request for a hard copy award, please contact: award@.eiu.ac